|Salt Lake Assembly Hall|
– Hexagram, Wikipedia
The Star of David is made up of two equilateral triangles. One triangle is pointing down, and the other triangle is pointing up. The triangle that is pointing down is God’s triangle and represents the Trinity of Soul, Body, and Spirit; or God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Spirit of God reaching down to mankind. The triangle that is pointing up is mankind’s triangle and also represents the trinity of soul, body, and spirit, but of mankind reaching up to God.
The Star of David represents:
1. who Jesus Christ is – God and man together in a single physical form only exists in the physical person of Jesus Christ.
2. what Jesus Christ did – Through the Blood-Substitution Sacrifice of Jesus Christ, any person can be reconciled to God.
3. what Jesus Christ does – Through Jesus Christ, any person can have At-One-Ment with God.
4. what the “Born Again” Children of God are able to do through Jesus Christ – The Star of David is the symbol that fully represents the spiritual intercourse referenced in The Book of John chapter 17 where Jesus Christ is in God, the “Born Again” Children of God are in Jesus Christ, and thereby “Born Again” Children of God are in God through faith in Jesus Christ.
The “sign”/icon/symbol for the Messiah, the Greatest King, or King of Kings; who would come from the lineage of David, who would be fully God and also fully man throughout eternity can only be Jesus the Christ – the God/Man. The Star of David is and can only be the “sign”/icon/symbol for Jesus Christ.
Revelation 22:16 (NIV) “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”
The Star of David is the Star of Jesus Christ.
– The Star Of David Is The “sign”/Icon/Symbol For Jesus Christ, by Steve D. Pardue, Cynet.com
Criticized last year by Irv Sutley, a local atheist and activist, Rohnert Park in California will be dropping a religious town seal in favor of something that is not only secular, but also does more to represent what the local area is all about. The town council will also stop having prayers before every meeting.
The Press Democrat reports:
[T]he old seal blurred the line between church and state by depicting a six-pointed star that resembles the Star of David, along with a church and tiny cross. To avoid a lawsuit, city officials agreed to redesign the seal by the end of this year and stop using the old one by 2005. Council members also agreed to stop opening their meetings with a prayer invocation, another of Sutley’s objections.
Unlike a city logo, which can change every four or five years, cities register their official seal with the state. It’s stamped on City Council resolutions, contracts and municipal building plaques. The seal is on the patches of public safety officers’ uniforms and on the side of some vehicles.
All of this occurred with, apparently, little rancor and few problems. When people are willing to face up to the issues involved, there don’t need to be any drawn-out court cases or community conflict. It is possible for atheists to make a difference, ensuring that the separation of church and state is preserved.
– Great Seal of the United States, Wikipedia
Above the American bald eagle’s head the stars of the original 13 states are composed to form a Solomon’s seal symbolic of the union of soul and body, spirit and matter. Each of the interlaced equilateral triangles, one upward turned, the other downward…the two represent the physical world as informed by the spiritual..
– Joseph Campbell, The Inner Reaches of Outer Space: Metaphor as Myth and as Religion (The Collected Works of Joseph Campbell)
U.S. government versions of the Great Seal show the constellation of 13 stars in a Hexagram pattern (two triangles intersecting to form a six-pointed star). There has been much speculation about the symbolic intent of this Hexagram…
– “Thirteen Stars Forming a Constellation”, GreatSeal.com
The first die…was cut sometime between June and September, 1782 (i.e. between the design being accepted and its first use), although the exact date is not known. The identity of the engraver is also not known…The blazon does not specify the arrangement of the stars…nor the number of points; the engraver chose Six-Pointed Stars (typical of English heraldry), and arranged them in a larger Six-Pointed Star. No drawing made by the engraver has ever been found…This first die was used until 1841.
– Great Seal of the United States, Wikipedia
Whoever finds the Star of David no longer needs the stars of Heaven. He who has found the one who is the root and the offspring of David- the bright and Morning Star- does not need any astrological forecasts. He has found Him of whom Moses, the law, and the prophets did write: the King of kings and LORD of lords. Astrology should follow the example of the wise men and worship Him.
– The Kingdom of the Occult, by Walter Martin, Jill Martin Rische, Kevin Rische, Books.Google.com
The magi’s coming to Jerusalem in order to pay homage to the king of the Jews shows that they seek in Israel, in the messianic light of the STAR OF DAVID, the one who will be king of the nations. Their coming means that pagans can discover Jesus and worship him as Son of God and Savior of the world only by turning towards the Jews and receiving from them the messianic promise as contained in the Old Testament.
– Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church